Thursday, March 02, 2006

Names and Places

Crossed the border today and saw that name on the officer's badge.

Lay belly-down in the bathtub tonight for a few minutes and thought about the past.

I regret nothing; want nothing back.

***

I started having acupuncture a few weeks ago, to address my ovarian cyst/endo/fibroid/adhesion issues. I find it a very relaxing and interesting experience. I feel heaviness, warmth, spreading sensations as soon as the first needle goes in. I notice many subtle but distinct changes in my sleep, digestion, and sometimes quick pulse-pains in the spots I want mended. I think I'd recommend acupuncture for almost any non-emergency trouble, especially chronic pain, or even sleeplessness. (I read that acupuncture can increase melatonin production. I am certainly feeling that.)

***

Reading: The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan.
Watching: Tick TV episodes
Listening: "Magnolia" (by J.J. Cale; Chris Smither's version); new Belle & Sebastian
Eating: cilantro pesto and cheddar scones
Playing: Tetrod

***
Hooked; how I miss my goofy, sexy, honeysweet friend.