Monday, November 11, 2002

"We are the lotus kids, better take note of this for the story..." --Red Hot Chili Peppers, "Midnight"

I worry a lot about politics, and what I can do to make the world better. I only believe in what is done with the body, by which I don't mean talk: I mean demonstrate, note, march, knock, drop bombs, run, rape, starve, shoot.

I'm not here to vote any party line: I'm here to make a life out of what has meaning for me. For all the beating of my political heart, this is the truest truth and the closest I have right now to a manifesto.

I'm over 8,000 words into the novel, but have decided it is not a novel idea, but a short story. To make myself feel better, looked at the other novels I've written and was incredibly soothed by the word count on each.

I didn't sleep all night last night, not till 7:30 AM. I couldn't say why, but now I wonder if it was the mirror I had leaning up against the wall--had brought it in from the hallway while dressing for my reading last night. At any rate, I was awake at 4 AM typing up a sexy little story I wrote at the end of my time in SF. Might need it next week....

The reading with Tika Milan was intimate and excellent. Truth and beauty, indeed.