Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Oh, how I love the rainy days and the happy way I feel inside...

Oh, it rained, at last. I have never known Don Paul to be so wrong for so long, but yes, sometime in the night, water began to topple from the sky and it went on into the morning, when I woke, smiling to hear it and then to the phone ringing at 8:04 AM (trans-atlantic phone calls are never denied, and make the morning almost as nicely as actual presence). I walked the dog in said rain, and did errands in it, and when it stopped I took my Petra rugs outside to be brushed & beaten. The apartment is clean and quiet. The birds sound freshly rinsed and happy--they have been singing all day long, and the cardinal keeps stopping on the wire outside the window to chirp enquiringly. What shall I say in reply?

Yes, it rained, at last. Isn't it good?