Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Spencer Tunick in Buffalo



This past weekend, along with about 1,800 others, I participated in a large installation, a nude group photograph by the artist Spencer Tunick.

The event was held at Buffalo's old Central Terminal, a train station which closed in the 60's and is yet another example of my city's broken but beautiful qualities.

Spencer worked with us (women, then men, then just the folks under age 30 and over 50) for over an hour--a nice change for him, since he often just has a few minutes to fill the street with bodies before it opens again to traffic or somesuch.

I'm not overly shy about being nude, especially when everyone else is. It was funny to me to try to keep track of the pals I came with, since I could only find them by skin tone, hair, not clothes, etc.

It was a great thing to be a part of, and I look forward to my 8x10 when it comes in December--just in time for Christmas cards!

Buffalo News story.