Thursday, January 16, 2003

One good turn deserves another

I parked like a jerk last night when I came home from the Jazzbird gig, but I didn't realize it till this morning. Drove to work, and saw that some minivan driver had also parked like a jerk, taking up two spaces in our already desparately crowded lot behind the library. I parked 3 lots away, grumbling, but while walking to the library passed a car with its lights on. Knowing the corollary that cars with lights on often also have an unlocked door, I tried the driver's side & sure enough, found it open. Switched off the lights. Walked on feeling more cheerful.

So many emotions lately--impatience, desire, frustration, restlessness, boredom, longing to be of help. Planning a jaunt to Toronto this weekend in hopes that a change of scenery will soothe my soul a bit.