Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Dreaming

My dreams are exceptionally vivid. It's been this way most of my life, but lately I am finding it both exhausting and annoying to absorb every little detail. I dream my dog is dognapped, and I get her back and flee for hours through the Parisian subway, enjoying opera, farmer's market, and cave paintings along the way. Every segment is chick full of visual and meaningful detail.

Last night I dreamed I attended the secret wedding of Ralph "Bucky" Phillips, a local fugitive
who has successfully eluded state troopers all over Western New York since he escaped from prison and shot a trooper in May. The wedding took place in a sunlit church in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and the young woman I befriended showed me all over the church, prior to its evacuation due to flooding.

Tired. I am going to try putting some thyme by my pillow; it is said to reduce vivid dreaming.